Thursday, August 6, 2009

Huge Megatron Update

So there hasn't been an update on here in a minute so I (Linda Marie) asked my sister (Cindy) for the password to this thing so I could update. So here it is!

I want to talk about this because I still can't get over it. If you were the I'm sure you already know but at the Kixpo after party which was a the Lounge on Elm St Dom Kennedy asked me to come up on stage. I didn't want to at first and pulled away but my sis yelled "GO!" at me and he was holding on to my hand so I had to. At first he started off slow singing "Prototype" to me. I was so nervous mainly because it's was Dom Kennedy!! I mean I had his mixtape "25th Hour" on repeat for the longest in my car and know all the words to "Watermelon Sundae" and to be on stage with him what girl wouldn't be?!? The other reason I was so nervous was because I was standing in front of a pretty large crowd with Dom Kennedy, he's used to being watched by crowds and preforming but I sure am not. lol Either way the nervousness subsided when he whispered in my ear and said he was going to switch it to "Watermelon Sundae". I just started laughing cuz I couldn't believe I was going to be on stage for that song, as soon as the song started I got so hyped up. It was one of the best nights ever. He gave me his set list from that night which was very nice of him and he signed my copy of "FutureStreet/DrugSounds". Him and Tiron both were very nice dudes the whole weekend. Everytime we ran into them they said hi or gave us hugs. Overall the best weekend so far for me this summer!




We have also been hitting up The Basement where Big J and his guest DJ's are always getting things hot & sweaty. Last Friday was craziness non stop dancing. If you were there you know what I'm talking about and if you haven't been yet your missing out!





Saturday night we were going to stay in cuz my sister started coming down with flu but we got a few txt and decided we were missing out on Yappah CD release party and had to show up 25 minutes before closing. It was well worth it got a few drinks in and hungout afterwards grabbed some food & called it a night.

PayPal